This section describes how to setup Bridge connection.
Bridge is just another way to connect to your CubeCart database. Normally program uses direct MySQL connection to remote database installed at website or some other web server. In some cases this type of connection does not work - your hosting provider may not allow direct connections or your LAN settings/firewall prevent connection from being established. Bridge allows you to work with remote database without direct MySQL connection established.
While working through bridge you must store your temporary data somewhere in local database. Bridge.php is used only for two major operations - get data from remote database and post data to that database. You must understand the difference between bridge connection and direct MySQL connection. Bridge.php is not a connection itself, actually this is just a way to transfer data between remote and local machine and nothing else.
To configure PHP MySQL bridge connection, follow few steps:
1. Download the latest version of PHP MySQL Bridge here (recommended) or open your application main directory - usually it is "C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for ... " and find directory "Service" there. Inside this directory you can find bridge.php file.
2. Important. Edit bridge.php file - change default user name (default username is 1) and password (default password is 1) to keep your store protected.
Open bridge.php file (you can open it using NotePad or WordPad) and find the following lines there:
$username = "1";
Put your own values instead of "1" in both lines. Also here you can find how you can make Bridge connection more secure.
You may keep all other settings as they are unless you have any errors.
3. Copy bridge to your online store root (catalog) directory. Bridge should be accessible as http://www.onlinestore.com/bridge.php whereas your store link is http://www.onlinestore.com.
4. Open Store Manager -> Tools -> Preferences and enable PHP MySQL bridge connection check-box.
5. Specify the following PHP MySQL Bridge and Local Database Connection Settings:
Tip: Use Bridge.php Self Test Tool to check your website and to make sure there are no problems in your hosting configuration. Your hosting support can solve all problems found there.
Tip: Use Test PHP Bridge Connection button to verify if all settings are correct.
Also you can use Database Connection wizard to setup your connection or make Database backup/Restore using this form.
7. Now you have to retrieve data from your web store into your local database.
Go to Tools -> Database Bridge -> Get Data from Web. Wait while data is transfered. Depending on database size and connection speed it may take from few seconds to several hours (large database + slow connection). Follow few steps of Backup/Restore wizard. Now you may work with your data - add/modify products, categories, Import products etc.
8. It is important to post all changes that you have made to your remote database to see them at your online store. Select Tools -> Database Bridge -> Post Changes to Web. This action will post all commands stored in Pending Bridge Data section to bridge.php installed on your store. When Bridge receives the file, it executes all commands one by one in order as they were stored/made locally. After all commands are executed successfully, your remote store will reflect all changes you made locally.
Also you can Clear all Changes (will clear all commands) made locally before posting if you do not want them to be applied to your remote database. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo this action.
9. Check whether all changes you made were reflected on web store properly.
Note: It is strongly recommended to create database backup before any mass operations which may be potentially unsafe.